This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

IS12 StandAlone Build

1 reply to this topic

Barbara

Barbara
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:10

If I am using the IS 12 StandAlone Build to build my setup projects, the tables MSIAssembly and MSIAssemblyName are not populated and because of this the assemblies are not installed into the GAC. If I use the normal IS12 interface, the tables are filled and the assemblies can be installed into the GAC.
I use the setting "Properties only" for the .NET Scan at Build - option of the components. The assemblies are VS2005 assemblies. Did I miss some settings for the StandAlone Build tool or is it a bug ?

In the logfile for the StandAlone Build I can find the following error

Loading File table
Building File table
ISDEV : warning -6211: Destination of Component XXX.DLL is GlobalAssemblyCache but key file is not a .NET assembly
Similar warnings are not found when building the same project with the IS12 professional.

Thank you for your answers,
Barbara
The difference between theory and practice is larger in practice than in the theory.

Barbara

Barbara
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 10:45

Finally after a lot of testing I found the solution: My build tool which uses the IS12 COM interface is written in C# with Visual Studio 2003. The tool fails, if the setup project contains assemblies which are written with Visual Studio 2005. The problem is, that you get no error message or exception via the COM interface. I had to upgrade my build tool to Visual Studio 2005, so both VS2003 and VS2005 assemblies can be handled without problems.

Barbara
The difference between theory and practice is larger in practice than in the theory.