This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Feature selection

4 replies to this topic

Leigh Ravenhall

Leigh Ravenhall
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 05 April 2001 - 02:02

I have an install with four features.  Three of the features have an install level of 1, one of the features has an install level of 100.  The default install level is 50.  Therefore, if no options are changed, one feature does not get installed.

This is fine if the typical option is selected.  The custom setup also works, because the user can directly select the features to install.  I am having trouble including a complete option.

I have tried the option from page 75 of Bob Baker's book, where he suggests setting the INSTALLLEVEL property to a higher number for a complete install.  The property is set successfully, however, the cost finalize action in the execute sequence doesn't seem to be doing anything.  My fourth feature doesn't get installed.

I have tried using the condition on the feature, to set the feature's install level to a low number, using _IsSetupTypeMin = "Complete" as the condition, with a level of 25.  This also failed.

Does anybody have any idea what I am doing wrong?  

I am using IPWI 2.03, running on Windows 2000, service pack 1.  The feature I am struggling to install contains a number of text files.  Dependent on the feature state is a couple of custom actions that call VBScript to build a SQL2000 database and import some data.  Are anymore details required?

Thanks,

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 05 April 2001 - 07:16

I think you have to call the SetInstallLevel ControlEvent on the Next button of your setup type dialog.

Leigh Ravenhall

Leigh Ravenhall
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 05 April 2001 - 07:25

That worked.

Thank you very much.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 05 April 2001 - 07:30

Correction: you only call SetInstallLevel. This will automatically adjust the value of the INSTALLLEVEL property.