This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to set a registry on Windows Vista 64-bit ?

5 replies to this topic

hymei

hymei
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 19:07

Hi,

I use InstallScript to set a regisrty in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AAA"
It can work fine on Windows Vista 32-bit.

But in Windows Vista 64-bit, the key will be set to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\AAA".

Is there any way I can do to set the key in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AAA" on Vista 64-bit via InstallScript project ??

Thanks,

hymei

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 21:34

I think you need to set REGDB_OPTIONS to REGDB_OPTION_WOW64_64KEY

hymei

hymei
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:22

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for the replay.

I can't find REGDB_OPTIONS on InstallShield DevStudio 9 "InstallScript" Projects. Is it a new function of new version?

I'm still trying how to set ket to 64-bit regisrty and copy compoment files to 64-bit program files folder.
But I am wondering if I can make it via DevStudio 9 "InstallScript" Projects.

Do you have any other suggestion?

Thanks a lot.

hymei

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 18:35

InstallScript 64-Bit Support was added in version 11.

amit08

amit08
  • Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 11:14

hi Stefan.. I have been facing the same problem of redirection in 64 bit vista system. I have used the REGDB_OPTIONS in istall script. After using this option the redirection to 32 bit registry system is being suppressed but there is an error during uninstallation. it removes the folder and delete registry but the entry in control panel -> program and features remains. so untill i delete that entry manully no further installaion is allowed. any idea why its being occuring?

regards

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 14:08

I think there was a known problem like this, but I don't remember the solution. Please check the knowledge base, there might be a hotfix.