This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How do I disable the "Reboot now" Dialog?

6 replies to this topic

newport

newport
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 17:17

I'm using InstallShied 6.3.. I force a reboot when the install finishes because I am installing a driver. I do not want to ask the user to reboot. InstallShield only prompts 50% of the time the install is run but I want it to disapear all together :)

Thanks in advance!
~Chris

Xitch13

Xitch13
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 19:01

well, first remove the dialong box which should appear something like this.

SdFinishReboot (szTitle, szMsg1, nOption, szMsg2, nReserved);

then add this line to the end

System (SYS_BOOTMACHINE);

Hope this helps.  
(By the way, I hope you let the user know beforehand that their machine will be restarted.  Otherwise, you may just piss someone off
:0  )
There is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent. (Mao Tse Tung)

newport

newport
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 19:34

I already removed SdFinishReboot from the script and do force the reboot and yup, I do let the user know :) There must be a flag somewhere to set to stop it from displaying the dialog.

newport

newport
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 19:42

I think it is fixed now, but it is hard to test since it only happends 50% of the time... Here is what I did..

I removed the call to SdFinishEx
SdFinishEx just makes the call to SdFinish or SdFinishReboot so I killed that call and call SdFinish in it's place.

This seems to be the trick around this problem.

~Chris

EberhardH

EberhardH
  • Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 08 October 2002 - 13:41

You can at any time make a "Dlg..." dialogue disappear by

Disable(DIALOGCACHE);

So in your case, call this statement just after you informed the user of the following reboot.

Eberhard

Markus1980Wien

Markus1980Wien
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 11:18

rolleyes.gif Try to set BATCH_INSTALL to FALSE at the last possible position in the Script BEFORE it is rebooting.

When InstallShield finds an file which can not be updated because it is locked, it sets BATCH_INSTALL = TRUE;
I had to set this manually, to ensure that the reboot is always required, because of silent setup

Markus1980Wien

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 15:09

Wow, talk about bumping an old post Markus1980Wien. newport asked about this way back in October 2002!!!
user posted image