On June 16th, 2008 Caphyon Ltd. announced the latest edition of its Windows Installer authoring tool. The new Advanced Installer enables developers and system administrators to easily build and repackage complex applications into reliable, ready to deploy MSI and EXE installers, patches and on-line updates.
The 6.4 version adds full transaction support for SQL scripts and the ability to automatically discover and display Microsoft SQL Servers available on the network at install time.
Collaboration of multiple developers on different computers is even easier with the addition of custom, per-machine configurable project path Variables. A friendly wizard automates the conversion process.
Full 64-bit support for Java programs is provided with a native 64-bit version of the Java launcher which can load your application into a discovered (or optionally bundled) 64-bit Java Runtime Environment.
Other improvements in this version:
- Full transaction support for running SQL Scripts
- Auto-discovery and browse of MS SQL Servers available on the network at install
- Ability to use custom, configurable Variables in project paths
- Wizard for auto-conversion of project paths to Path Variables
- Smart cabbing eliminates duplication of content from cabinets
- Native 64-bit version of Java launcher
- Optional 64-bit JRE bundle
- Native Unicode version of EXE bootstrapper
- Synchronizing information extracted from a COM files
Advanced Installer is available in four editions, starting with the Freeware community edition and offering a 30-day trial period for the other editions.
For more information about Advanced Installer please see:
(Text based on a press release from Caphyon Ltd.)