This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Service is not installed

1 reply to this topic

Ajawl

Ajawl
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 November 2002 - 16:06

Hello people,
I have developed a project  using ISWI 2.03 which was always installed without errors. But now I have started to work with IS Developer 7.04. So I had to convert this project (and others) to the new IDE as "Basic Project".
After that, the application could not be installed any more because during the installation there is an error while trying to install a service. The error is: "Service MyService could not be installed.  Verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system services."

I had never this error while using ISWI 2.03. The error appeared just after converting the project to IS Dev 7.04.
I am installing as an administrator.

If I execute the command: "MyService.exe /service" just after the error window has appeared, then the service is installed without errors, but with the default settings.

Has anyone any idea?

Thank you for your help,
Ajawl

Ajawl

Ajawl
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 November 2002 - 16:31

I found the problem. After converting the project to the new IDE, InstallShield changed the property "Insteract with the desktop" from "NO" to "YES"!!

I changed to "NO" again and then the service could be installed.

But I cannot yet start the service. Probably there is another thing that InstallShield has changed in my project. But it is another bug...

Ajawl