This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Dialog changes don't get saved.

2 replies to this topic

SteveK

SteveK
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 April 2001 - 20:51

I'm modifying an install created with ISWI 1.52.  Upgrading to 2.03 is not an option until after this release.  The original language was English, but we added another language (German) for the latest  version.  Most of the dialog boxes needed to be resized\modified to accommodate the longer strings.  After working on each box I'm presented with the standard "Do you want to keep the changes you have made to this dialog?".  When I answer "Yes" and go back to the box, none of the changes for German are there, but if I've modified the English versions, the changes are.  I dug through the registry and found the key under "HKCU\\Software\\InstallShield\\MSI\\Project Settings"---"ShowKeepChangesMsgBox".  Modifying this setting controls weather the box is displayed, but has not effect on weather the changes are actually saved.  InstallShield gave the standard "Just try re-installing...then call us if it doesn't work..."  Anyone know how to link the German dialogs back into the project (the text strings went in fine)?  We have the International West language pack installed.
Any suggestions???

grahamf

grahamf
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2001 - 01:18

G'day Steve,

I had the same problem when I was modifying the various controls and changing the string ID names - they sometimes did not get hooked up to the controls correctly and were basically ignored.   Sometimes in fact the dialog failed to display on the next opening because it could not find the strings.  I reported this to IS and they are working on it.

In the meantime, I became *very" careful modifying the string IDs, doing one/two at a timebefore saving.  Note that I could tell I had a problem when hitting the Save icon did not disable the icon, and does not no matter how many times you hit it.  At that point you are screwed, and have lost the work since the last save.

I also exported the dialog often for those times it disappeared.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Graham