This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

More Help with Failed Installation

1 reply to this topic

bilandra

bilandra
  • Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:21

Hey Stefan,

Getting sick of my questions yet?! smile.gif

Ok, so same installer, Company_setup.exe, a webmedia basic MSI that downloads the .msi and .cab files from our server, and has 2 prqs, 1_setup.exe and 2_setup.exe. Works perfectly on my test computer, both as a fresh install and as an update over existing installations, on XP, Vista and Win7. No issues.

On the owner of our company's Win7, there are 2 issues.

1. He gets a warning that the 1_setup.exe has failed when installing USER_setup.exe. I asked him to try to install the 1_setup.exe directly, independent of the USER_setup.exe. It worked perfectly. Since we've been having issues with the server at work and download speeds, I am quick to attribute the failure via USER_setup.exe to timed-out download speeds. Assuming I'm wrong, which is highly likely, what else could be causing this?

2. He gets a Custom Setup screen with an empty box (where normally would show features or components that are being installed). I am unsure why this is happening because when I thought that the custom setup screen is only supposed to appear if at least one feature has Display = "Visible", but I've checked every single feature in this project and the Display is set to "Not Visible" on all of them.

Thanks for any and all of your advice!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 18:55

Which dialog is displayed depends on the event settings on the "Next" button of the previous dialog. There's no built in logic to hide the feature tree dialog if all features are set to invisible. You would have to add this as a condition on the "Next" button of the previous dialog (and on the "Back" button of the following dialog)