This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Problem with custom actions and upgrading

3 replies to this topic

OKauhanen

OKauhanen
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 May 2001 - 10:26

I'm doing a major upgrade. If my program is uninstalled it will call a custom action to remove certain stuff. The problem is that I'm not able to reinstall that stuff after RemoveExistingProducts action.  I put RemoveExistingProducts after InstallFinalize in the Execute sequence. If I try to run a custom action after RemoveExistingProducts it will give an error message:

Installshield DLL Custom Action
Unknown source  ".

Another strange problem is that whenever I run my installer for the first time it just says that installation was interrupted. When I start it the second time it works fine.

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 04 June 2001 - 08:59

If your CA is flagged by the condition REMOVE="ALL" alter your entry in the upgrade table to a list of all your features this will prevent the removal CA being run but will still remove obsolete features.

Kelly Russell

Kelly Russell
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 February 2002 - 22:54

but adding the features to the upgrade table doesn't remove the program entry from the add/remove programs list, doesn't remove registry settings, probably doesn't remove files that were included in previous version but not in the current version, doesn't remove features that were installed with the previous version but not selected to install with the current install. So my question...what does this do? Fixed the "Unknown Source ". problem but seems to do little else. The help on the Upgrade table is not helpful, can anyone shed some light here? Thanks.

Kelly Russell

Kelly Russell
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 February 2002 - 00:38

I changed my mind. If I list all the features in the upgrade table remove column..then I think it works exactly like if I put none in the column. Error is back. If I put a subset of the features it does what I said above.

Is it possible that I screwed things up so bad in the previous version that no matter what I do I will not be able to make it upgrade correctly...or...is there always something I can do to get the upgrade to work?  Thanks