I'm having trouble removing a mobile device installation from my project. I move to the mobile device installations view, select the device under Mobile Device Installations, and delete it but when I close and reopen the entire project the device installation comes back:). I've looked for any files relating to the device but can't find any. I've made sure to save the project before closing:) but that doesn't help.
I've recently upgraded from IS9 and the mobile device installation option isn't in there and I don't have this problem. I don't really know what else to try.
Another point I would like to mention is that the mobile device installation comes up when I upgrade to IS11. I did not add it.
Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.
This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Trouble removing mobile device installations
Started by pbasra , Oct 11 2005 20:11
2 replies to this topic
Posted 12 October 2005 - 15:02
I found a key for the mobile device in the registry, deleted it, and then deleted the corresponding mobile device installation in the IS IDE. It didn't help though cause when I closed and reopened IS11 the mobile device installation poped back up. This is gettting very fustrating:(
Edited by pbasra, 12 October 2005 - 15:04.
Posted 13 December 2005 - 15:55
I actually have a mobile device installation as part of my installation package and it really doesn't work anything like it should... that said I've come across a problem similar to yours. I think what is happening is that installshield thinks that the mobile device installation has been 'damaged' and so runs the installation again to repair it. Why this is all happening when you open the installshield ide is beyond me though... another of the wonders of installshield . I have run installations that when the user logs in to windows Installshield tries to 'install' (probably some repair thing) 6 times in a row... utterly frustrating for both me and the client. The only thing I've found that 'fixes' this problem is to uninstall and reinstall the software and pray that nothing goes wrong... What that means for you I'm not really sure.
Hope this helps!
Hope this helps!