This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Two Different Registry Key

3 replies to this topic

Jayasekaran.R

Jayasekaran.R
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:23

I do have to have two set of installation based on the option. When I install with Option1 then it have to install set of specific (Option1 related files)files with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Micromass with few key with default values. When I install with Option2 then it have to install set of specific (Option2 related files)files with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Micromass with same keys with different default values. For my requirement I do have created two different components(COM1 and COM2), I have created the registry entry with default values for Option1 in COM1. Now it is working with the default values of optio1 for Both options.
Then I have created the registry entry for COM2 for Option2,When I install option1/option2 both are creating registry Entry for Option2.Please provide me a solution to overcome the issue.

Attached Files

xinjiang

xinjiang
  • Full Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:44

I think you should set two different Conditions for your two components.

Jayasekaran.R

Jayasekaran.R
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:59

QUOTE (xinjiang @ 2010-02-22 06:44)
I think you should set two different Conditions for your two components.

I have already there is a condition for both the components.It is installing the files attached to the components based on the condition, But, it is not allowing to create keys with same name with different defult values in two different components

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 18:28

If the registry entries are the same, only the value is different: put them in a separate component and include it in both features. For the value, use a property.