I have a project with five features. I need to do conditional processing based on the features that are selected. OK. I have properties that have the following form in the behavior of the SetupType and CustomSetup dialog.
[F1SELECTED] 1 &Feature1>=3
[F1SELECTED] 0 &Feature1<3
This works for new installations and the modify option with on BIG BIG problem.
When you toggle the states of the features, the nstaller gets confused. For Example:
I have test project that exhibits this behavior. It conatins a custom action that displays the value assigned to the property above from using the "&" syntax. The action is control event on the next button.
Scenario: Feature1 has InstallLevel 100
1. Choose a custom setup and set feature to "X" this feature will not be available
2. Click next.
3 Message box from custom action displays Feature1 = Null
4. Click Back on ReadyToInstall to bring you back to CustomSetup
5. Set Feature1 "This feature will be installed on the local hard drive".
6. Click Next.
7. Message box from Custom action displays &Feature1 = 3
8 Click back and on ReadyToInstall to bring you back to the CustomSetup.
9. Set Feature1 to "X" this feature will not be availiable.
10. Message box from custom action diaplays &Feature1 = 3
This is a bug in transitioning the state between "X" this feature will not
be available" and. "This feature will be install on the local hard drive" or
"This feature will be installed when required. I do not get the same behavior from transitioning between "This feature will be installed on the
local hard drive" to "This feature will be installed when required".
If anyone has any ideas why this happens I would appreciate any input.