This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Add DLL's & EXE's to InstallShield uninstall dir?

3 replies to this topic

akgottlieb

akgottlieb
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 19:26

Hello,
How do I add custom dll's and exe's to be placed in the C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information so that they are available for the uninstallation process? I am using some special dll's and exe's on install and need for them to be in that directory so that I can have a successful uninstallation.

Thanks in advance,

Aaron

Xitch13

Xitch13
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 20:46

The easiest way to accomlish that is to create a new file group. Under the properties pane on the right the last entry will be 'destination'. Click that, and you have the choise of several folder. Choose Program Files and click add new folder. Name the new folder "InstallShield Installation Information" and put any files you want to go into that folder in the file group. Don't forget to assign the new file group to a component for inclusion in the build.

HTH
There is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent. (Mao Tse Tung)

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 10:14

I believe you can use the DISK1TARGET system variable as destination for these files. Or you could add them on the Support Files tab

akgottlieb

akgottlieb
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 00:42

Thanks Stefan, the DISK1TARGET worked perfectly!