This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Install Specific Features From Web

1 reply to this topic

cjserio

cjserio
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 20:04

I'm not sure if what I need to do is even possible but i'll describe my problem and hope for the best.

I have 5 different "features" that can possibly be installed. Depending on a user's permission level on my website, i want to be able to offer them a link to download my setup file which will ONLY install the features that correspond to their permission level. Some users may need to install features 1,2,4 others will need all of them, yet others may only need feature #5.

Is there a way to do this without making and forcing the user to download and run as many as 5 different setups? I thought install levels may do the trick but how could i set them from a website?

Thanks,
Chris

cjserio

cjserio
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 20:05

I forgot to mention that I'm using InstallShield DevStudio 9 and that the web part needs to be supported on Firefox. This is the whole reason i'm using InstallShield. The ideal solution is for the user to download CAB files since they are essentially "automatically downloaded and installed."

Edited by cjserio, 01 June 2006 - 21:01.