This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

IS is compiling my project the slowest than before

3 replies to this topic

gloom

gloom
  • Full Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 12:12

It is very slow really.
HEEEEELP! (often proccess is not responding!!!)
Computer is powerfull.. but it's unimportant, because project compile is OK on other the same computer!

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 06:56

Install Shield is always very slow when it compiles a project.

I have found that when you start using large files, it does not repsond, but it will eventually finish your compilation.

How big is your setup? are you including large merge modules?

gloom

gloom
  • Full Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 08:32

I've noticed with FileMonitor (the Sysinternal tool) that every time IS accesses the file MyApp.msi, to open it it takes "a lot of" time, i.e. from 5 to 15-20 seconds, and this is probably the cause of this problem.
To overcome the situation I tried to:
- disable and quit the antivirus (Kaspersky)
- disable and quit ZoneAlarm Pro
- uninstall completely InstallShield and reinstall it
but nothing helped, i.e. although times did slightly improve after quitting the antivirus, I had no chance to complete the MyApp build, because of long times (more than 1 hour) and 100% CPU devoted to IS.

Yes, the setup contains merges.. but the size of the setup is unimportant, because under other PC the same setup builds in a few minutes. (the same system configuration)

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 20:57

Make sure that no network drives are involved (source or build location), not even in some other release in the same project.