This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Prevent Repair/advertisement feature???

2 replies to this topic

pattens

pattens
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 February 2002 - 16:03

I am pretty new to InstallShield developer 7. I have put together a full install for our product and have tested it with pretty good success. I do however experience some strange behaviour which I don't have a clue how to solve.

After the Installation is complete I seem to get an annoying box popping up when I perform certain actions. The box that pops up is entitled "Windows Installer" and says something like "please wait while windows configures your system", then a new box pops up saying that it is installing my product.
There seem to be various actions which trigger this, including launching Visual Basic.
It looks to me as if it is repairing my installation, or maybe something to do with the advertisement functionality provided in Developer 7.

If I let it finish doing whatever its doing, it makes changes to my installation. I wrote some install script code to rename a file and change some file attributes, this works but after letting this action finish all the file attributes are as they were before my own function run. It somehow seems to be rerunning the install but not triggering the same events.
I really just want to stop this action from occurring at all.

Can anyone help?
Thanks
SP

(Edited by pattens at 5:35 pm on Feb. 11, 2002)

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 February 2002 - 22:27

I suggest you generate a log file of what is happening. In http://www.msifaq.com you can see how to globally enable logging.

pattens

pattens
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 February 2002 - 12:42

I successfully generated this log file but can't see anything obvious. Then again I don't really know what I'm looking for. Having never seen one of these log files before I'm not entirely sure what it all means.

Is there some setting or property which I should be looking out for which could cause my installation to run a 2nd time (but without the UI)?
Thanks
SP