This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Prompting the user to enter values while installation

2 replies to this topic

jesse

jesse
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 June 2001 - 21:30

Hi,
I am new to ISMP. I am trying to come with an installer for our application. In the process of installing the files, I need to prompt the user to enter some values. Is there way that I can do this. I remember there used to be sdDialogBox function in InstallShield 6.2 Pro. But I am not sure if there is a provision for this in ISMP. And also once the user enters these values, I need to write them to an ini file. Could someone help me with this.

Archie Pinkney

Archie Pinkney
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 June 2001 - 00:02

Hi Jesse -

Welcome to ISMP!

If I understand correctly, WizardPanels are for sending and receiving information from the user. Description is a property where one can place things on the Panel.
Look at Destination.java in \IPMP401\samples\com\installshield\product\wizardbeans
as an example to follow.

Good luck!

jesse

jesse
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 June 2001 - 17:28

Hi,

I am using TextInputComponent for the user to enter a value. I need to set a label for this component.. like Server Name: and then the TextInputComponent, so that the user can understand that he needs to enter the name of the server in this text box. Could someone please help me with this.