This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

CustomAction DLL Ignored on WINNT 4

2 replies to this topic

Scratchy

Scratchy
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2001 - 14:02

I'm trying to add a custom action DLL to a setup made by another vendor. The custom action works great on Windows 2000, but fails completely on NT 4. What's really strange is that when i check the logfile, msiexec reports that the custom action was completed. It always reports that the return code is 1 though, no matter what i return from the function in the DLL. Has someone else seen this odd behaviour? What's more disturbing is that the custom action seems to work on some NT 4 boxes, but fails on others, and i can't find out what differs between those that works and those that doesn't.

Martin Bohring

Martin Bohring
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 December 2001 - 10:05

Has your custom action DLL any external depencies ?
Maybe it needs another DLL present on W2K and on some NT4 boxes, but not all.

Scratchy

Scratchy
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2001 - 11:50

Martin, You were right on target! It turned out there was a dependency for MSVCP60.DLL. I didn't spot this at first, but when i compared the CA DLL with an executable i made that had the same code i found it. I wonder why Microsoft put the STL code in MSVCP60.DLL instead of in MSVCRT.DLL where it should belong...