This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Blank desktop at end of installation.

1 reply to this topic

pattens

pattens
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 February 2002 - 12:04

I am having a strange problem (it also seems to be intermittant). My installation runs without a problem right up to the last dialog where the user just needs to click 'Finish' to end the installation. Upon clicking 'Finish' the installation ends but not cleanly. A blank 'desktop' is all that is left, there is no taskbar and no shortcuts are visible, just an empty screen and it stays like this.

Rebooting the machine solves this and the installation has completed successfully but this is obviously not acceptable for releasing. I can also do a Ctrl-alt-delete and start a new task (Explorer) which then brings back the desktop.

Has anyone else experienced this sort of problem? Any ideas on how to prevent this from happening would be appreciated.

Thanks
SP

mcollins

mcollins
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2002 - 04:08

We had the same problem when using the MDAC 2.5 merge module. You would find 'setup' in the running processes after clicking Finish on some machines. Terminating this would allow the install to complete without additional problems.