This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

[Help][SET INSTALLDIR][WINOWSVOLUME\MyAppFolder]

4 replies to this topic

sanjoygr

sanjoygr
  • Full Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 11:02

I think it is Installshield problem.
Please let me know if I am wrong.

I have an application for which I am making an installer using IS 11.

1. I made WindowsVolume\MyAppFolder as the INSTALLDIR.
Now from the Change installation path option I selected D:\MyAppFolder as the INSTALLDIR.
On doing so I find all my files are installed under C:\MyAppFolder.
However it has also created under D:\MyAppFolder but did not put any files.
Only the 4 component DLLs and one COM component which is associated with my application is installed under the D:\MyAppFolder.

Please let me know why?

2. When I create a Basic ISM file I see under the INSTALLDIR two folders DATABASEDIR is created which is having name as DATABASEDIR and ISYOURDATABASEDIR. Do I require them or can remove them?

3.In dialog InstallChangeFolder there is a directrory combo for look in.
I reduced it width and moved it little up & down on the dialog form. After doing so I found it stoped expanding while run time to show all available folder and drive in the installer machine.
I removed the control and added it again with property _BrowseProperty, but still it is having problem of expading and showing the foldders at run time. Please suggest to solve the problem.

Thanks
Sanjoy

MrSmersh

MrSmersh
  • Full Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 15:25

1.Check component destinations...
2.What version of IS do you use?

sanjoygr

sanjoygr
  • Full Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 16:09

I have checked all Components.
I see
1. AllOtherFiles and AllOtherFiles1. There is wrong destination. May be due to that it is having problem. But they do not attach any files.

2. I have another problem which I dont know why it is creating.
When I create a new Basic MSI project, it creates two DATABASEDIR. Having following Dir name. DATABASEDIR and ISYourDatabasedir. Can I delete them?

3. Is there any poblemif I educe the width of a dircectorycombo in a InstallChangeFolder dialog ?
Because after I did it, It stoped expanding to show the folders and directory in my machine at runtime.

4. I am using IS 11.0

Thanks
Sanjoy

MrSmersh

MrSmersh
  • Full Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 08:22

So modify the wrong destination of the component all to be INSTALLDIR.
This should solve all problems.
If not tell. it will take me some time to install the demo of 11 and I will try to reproduce your problems.

sanjoygr

sanjoygr
  • Full Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:09

Hello Smersh,

I have done it but without any effect.

I have came to know from Installshield support that if I have [WindowVolume]\MyFixedFolderName as the default INSTALLDIR then even on changing the install directory at runtime it will install under the default windows drive:\MyfixedFolder name.

That is if i change to d:\Myfixedfolder also it will install in C:\myfixedfolder

May be Fault or style of Installshield.

Have checked up with other Q of my specially the directory combo in INSTALLCHANGE FOLDER not expanding.

Thanks
Sanjoy