This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Patching an install with Isolated Components

1 reply to this topic

dtieuf

dtieuf
  • Full Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 02:54

Hi all,

here is the situation: MSI v.2.0, an install that contains isolated COM files, therefore I populated the IsolatedComponents table. Patches are minor upgrades.

The MSIFileHash table is also filled for unversionned files.

With this setup, MSI creates a file "myapp.exe.local".

My problem is: on win9x, it doesn't find "myapp.exe.local" in the MsiFileHash table so it constantly asks for the source. mad.gif

What should I do to prevent that ?

On XP, trying to perform a minor upgrade (through msi, REINSTALL=ALL REINSTALLMODE=vomus), I have seen it loop during the IsolateComponents action, the log is endless blink.gif

So I tried to prevent this situation by putting a condition (NOT Installed AND NOT PATCH) on the IsolateComponents action, but without luck: then on uninstall, the isolated components are not removed.... sad.gif

Anybody knows what is the proper way to handle this ?

Thank you,

Sophie

dtieuf

dtieuf
  • Full Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 16:24

Hi all,

if anyone is interested I have fixed this problem smile.gif

Both were related to the fact that MSI was trying to resolve the source of "myapp.exe.local". Since it's unversionned and there was no entry in MsiFileHash, it was asking for the CD.

So I added the 0byte myapp.exe.local to myapp.exe's component and let ISX populate the MsiFileHash for it. And now it works.