This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How validate edit text boxes

9 replies to this topic

reddy611

reddy611
  • Full Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 05:01

Hi,

I am using Installshield 10.50 Professional - AdminStudio Edition. I created one new dialog box, in that 4 edit text fields are available, first edit text box should only allow characters(Other than that it should not allow anything , any junk values,etc.). The Second edit box should allow only numeric values(other that it should not allow any characters, any junk values,etc). Third edit text box should allow only alphanumeric values(user can enter numeric values and characters, other than that it should not allow any junk values,etc.) . the fourth edit text box also same like third edit txt box. how to validate these edit text fields...
I think we can write VB Script Custom Action . I don't how to do that ? or do you have any idea how to solve this problem ? Please can anyone answer this question , really i feel very happy.

thanks in advance,
Regards,
reddy611

Edited by reddy611, 23 May 2006 - 05:03.

raghu

raghu
  • Full Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 05:36

Hi Reddy , where are you from? about yourself.

Yours
Raghu.

reddy611

reddy611
  • Full Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 06:19

Hi Raghu,

I am from Andhra Pradesh(India). May i know your from which place?
Are you working on windows installations ?
this is my personal mail-id : hai2prathap@yahoo.co.in. plz can you give me your personal mail-id.

Regards,
Reddy611

Edited by reddy611, 23 May 2006 - 06:22.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 06:28

The MaskedEdit control might do what you need.

raghu

raghu
  • Full Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 07:26

Hi Prathap,

My mail id: raghu_jun12@yahoo.co.in

Yours
Raghu.

reddy611

reddy611
  • Full Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 11:23

Hi Stefan Krueqer,

Thank you for your response.
Instead of normal edit text box, i have taken masked edit text box, but how to edit mask property like if masked edit text should only for characters or only numeric's or alphanumeric only.

Thanks in advance,

with best regards,
Prathap

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 14:34

The possible options are documented in the help. However these are limited. If MaskedEdit cannot do all you need then you would have to create a custom action (DLL for instance) that will verify the format when the user clicks the NEXT button.

reddy611

reddy611
  • Full Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 12:29

Hi Stefan Krueqer,

Thank you for your fast response.

In 1st masked edit text box ,now i am able to allow only digits(<###>) and the 3rd mask edit text box i am able to allow only alphanumeric's but i am not able to allow only characters in 2nd mask edit text box.

Thanks in advance,

with best regards,
Prathap

austinajit

austinajit
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 14:46

Prathap,

Can you give the example of the text that you would get as input from the user?

--Austin.

reddy611

reddy611
  • Full Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 05:26

Thank you Austin.

In between A-Z he(USER) can enter any thing, but we should not allow to enter other than anything (Ex: asd123,aaaa11,$$$$asd123 like that ).
while entering the input to the text we should validate ( I think by using Mask Edit text we can do this )else after choosing next we should say please enter the text in between A-z only.

Thanks in advance,

With best regards,
Prathap