This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

make a feature dynamically visible?

3 replies to this topic

julia

julia
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 June 2002 - 07:47

Hi
I would like dynamically that certains of my features will be invisible or not accessible by the users during the installation.
For exemple the activation of Button1 will make Feature1 invisible, the activation of Button2 will make Feature2 invisible.

Is it possible?

Thanks for your response

hteichert

hteichert
  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 28 June 2002 - 15:07

Do you only want to make them visible/invisible or do you want to select the features by pressing your buttons?

To add/remove features to your "to be installed" selection, you can use the ControlEvents AddLocal and Remove, connected to your Buttons.

Further info can be found in the Windows installer documentation in the "User interface" section, subsections "User Interface Reference", "Control Events".
h.teichert-ott

julia

julia
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 July 2002 - 08:05

Hi h.teichert-ott
I just would like that, after having clicked on my button , certains features disappear in the list in the CustomSetup Dialog.
So the feature of course, can't be selected ( the user can't see it) and so not be installed.
Thanks for your response.

mmorris

mmorris
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 22:06

You can completely disable & hide a feature by setting the Level to 0 using a feature condition.
Mike Morris