This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

partial window titl

2 replies to this topic

elektrik

elektrik
  • Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 19:21

Hi all...I'm extremely green to C++...That said, I've created (read: taken freely available source code smile.gif) a console application to kill a process. I need to go a step further with this app (or even create a separate C++ app):

I need to create an application that searches for *partial* window titles and closes them. I have already played with the "FindWindow" function in installshield and I find it lacking (in that you have to specify the exact window title, which I am unable to do, since my window titles are dynamic. Yep, you guessed it-I'm trying to close specific Internet Explorer windows:)), so what I need to do is figure out a way to search for partial Window titles and get the HWND for it to close. Ideally, I would like to do it in C++ but I suppose I could do it in InstallShield..

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Edited by elektrik, 17 June 2004 - 19:23.

JJ Horgan

Perotin

Perotin
  • Full Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 08:20

I suppose this function only maps the windows API function, so you have to write a rule that changes the title string and constantly asks for that window ...
Gruß / regards
Thomas

elektrik

elektrik
  • Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 23:15

Um...I'm not sure I follow how your answer would help me?

I need a function that would allow for a partial window title search..?
JJ Horgan