This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MSI that modeifies Default User Profile

1 reply to this topic

ca001560

ca001560
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 17:03

Anyone know how to make an MSI that installs itself to the Default User profile so that any new user automatically gets the cusotmisation included in the MSI. I can make it install to both the current user and all existing users but not to the default user.

Any help would be great

Cheers

etippelt

etippelt
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 12:23

The default user profile is not loaded in the registry, so you would need a custom action to do the following:

1. Load the default user profile (it's the NTUSER.DAT file in the .default profile folder) - I normally place it in a TEMP key under HKCU, but the choice is yours.

2. Edit the default user profile according to your needs - you will need to modify the registry paths to include the TEMP key under which you placed the default profile.

3. Unload the default user profile

I've done this in the past using Winbatch to manipulate the registry and fix up the .REG file to accomodate the modified path.

EdT
ERT