This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

COM extract through component wizard

2 replies to this topic

varunAdb

varunAdb
  • Full Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:17

I am experimenting with COM extractiont through component wizard. All works fine and dlls are properly registered. I have just one question- at one location in registry -
HKCR\Typelibs\0\Win32 i have got a value set to [!mydll.dll]. What does this signify. I suppose it gives the location of a file on target machine, but I am not sure as at some time I have also come across [#myFile].

Just for info, apart from this I have also come across following :
[$myComponent] - installation location of component 'myComponent'

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:53

These are formatted strings that are resolved during installation to path values. From the Windows Installer SDK:

"...if a substring of the form [#filekey] is found, it is replaced by the full path of the file, with the value filekey used as a key into the File table."

"...if a substring of the form [!filekey] is found, it is replaced by the full short path of the file, with the value filekey used as a key into the File table."

More details: http://msdn.microsof...9(v=VS.85).aspx

Edited by Glytzhkof, 27 April 2011 - 03:54.

Regards
-Stein Åsmul

varunAdb

varunAdb
  • Full Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 15:39

Thanks Glytzhkof. That was helpful.