This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MDAC 2.5 merge module not installing

2 replies to this topic

vg

vg
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2001 - 06:30

The MDAC 2.5 merge module that comes with ISWI 1.52 does not install on a fresh Winnt 4.0 SP5 machine. The program invokes the mdac_typ.exe and it shows files being uncompressed. But after reboot the registry entries for MDAC are not set and the installation goes into a loop.
I tried installing MDAC by integrating in the application ( not using merge modules) by creating custom actions to launch the mdac_typ.exe. Here also the after reboot, Software/Microsoft/DataAccess keys are not updated/set. On the same machine I have a IS5.5 project that installs MDAC, runs properly.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Vinayak

stevechapman

stevechapman
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2001 - 20:07

Vinayak, I had the same problem with ISExpress. I ran the madc_type.exe (2.6) as a custom action before install and that fixed the problem. I did also just read somewhere that this needed to be done on 95, NT4. Don't know why it doesn't work, but at least there's a workaround
stevec

vg

vg
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2001 - 06:39

Hi,
I changed the command line parameter for mdac_typ.exe from "/Q /C:"Setup /NT""to  "/Q /C:"dasetup /NT"" and it solved the problem.

Vinayak