This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Having no default with SdSetupTypeEx()

2 replies to this topic

Daagar

Daagar
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2002 - 22:04

I'm using SdSetupTypeEx() to display a customized list of Setup Types to the end-user. However, it would be greatly prefereable to have _no_ default item selected (and having the Next> button disabled until the user does make a selection, as long as I'm asking). Is this possible?

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 19 November 2002 - 02:07

I don't use that function anymore because my setup got too complicated, but looking at the help, couldn't you just pass a svSetupType value of "" to have no default?

Also, it may not work for this dialog, but try Disable (NEXTBUTTON) to disable Next.  Although you aren't going to get the necessary feedback to re-enable, so you'll just have to loop if the svSetupType value remains "".

user posted image

Daagar

Daagar
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 November 2002 - 16:26

Thanks for the reply. That was my guess as well, but it turns out that the empty string "" forces InstallShield to default to the _first_ item in the list, not 'no default'. Leading me to believe that something will always be selected by default, and I'll have to trust end-users to actually read the screen :p