This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Startup Delay

1 reply to this topic

paul6997

paul6997
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 23:14

I have an InstallScript MSI project built with IS 11.5 Pro. When I run setup.exe on a Windows XP Pro SP2 machine, the initial dialog that comes up with the progress bar hangs for 2-5 minutes. The hang comes with the progress bar half-way across at the "Preparing to Install" stage. I have an "InstallShield Wizard" and "SetupBitmapWin" entry on the Applications tab of Windows Task Manager. Also, there is an msiexec.exe and IDriver.exe process on the Processes tab, both of which are actively running (taking CPU cycles). Eventually, the installer reaches OnBegin and I can install the product. However, when I built this project under InstallShield 8 Developer, I saw no such hang when running the setup. I have since upgraded to IS 11.5 and have converted this project. Now I am seeing a delay each time I run the install. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Any advice?

Thanks,
Paul

paul6997

paul6997
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 00:21

The delay here appears to be during the extraction of files set up in the Support Files view. Once I removed 50MB of files from that folder, the delay went away.