This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Change the default dialog image

3 replies to this topic

priyarenjith

priyarenjith
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 09:52

Hi,

i am using installshield 12.0 professional edition. I have written the project in vs 2005 and i am using installscript to create the installer.

I have written the script in the function OnFirstUIBefore();

I wanted to change the dialog image. What method i have to use.

i am very new to this. Pls guide me

priya

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 15:33

Well there are a lot of built-in dialogs that have a variety of options, so depending on the changes, you may have to use a custom dialog that you pre-supply.

Therefore, please provide some additional information about what you intend to accomplish and we'll see what we can do to help.
user posted image

priyarenjith

priyarenjith
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 16:40

Hi TACO,

Thank you very much for ur quick response.

I am using installshield 12.0 professional edition.

Actually my project is a windows application in vs 2005. And i am using installscript to call different exes,to set the tilte of the windows,to show the agreement etc .

But its showing its own default dialogs.My client wanted to change the banner(header) image to an image related to his company.

I have written the installscript in the function OnFirstUIBefore.
But as per the knowledge i got from a document i tried the following line in my script.But no luck.
DialogSetInfo(DLG_INFO_ALTIMAGE, SUPPORTDIR ^ "header.bmp", TRUE)

I have used this line of code in the function OnFirstUIBefore.

I am very new to this. Could you pls let me know if u need more information?

Pls help me
Thanks,
Priya

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 17:39

I haven't done this before as such customizations haven't always been possible, but I tried it out this morning and was ultimately successfully.

Therefore, here are some things to double check:
- Confirm that the alternate bitmap file has been manually added to the project's list of support files and is therefore accessible during installation at the resulting SUPPORTDIR location.
- Based on the documentation, confirm that the alternate bitmap file measures 57 x 53 pixels.
- Preceed this function call by "nResult = " in order to confirm that the return value is 0 meaning "Style successfully applied."

Let me know then how you make out.
user posted image