This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Overriding command-line options sent to setup.exe

1 reply to this topic

davisjoe3

davisjoe3
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2002 - 04:09

Is there any way to change/undefine command-line parameters sent to setup.exe through InstallScript code (i.e. setup.rul)?  I have a program that runs setup.exe with parameters /v"REINSTALLMODE=vomus REINSTALL=all" and for a first time installation of my program I want to undefine these properties since they will prevent my application from being installed.  It seems like when I set them in the setup.rul script in OnBegin() event setup.exe still sends its command-line parameters to msi package and disregards whatever I do in my install script.  Any ideas/help?  Thanks,

jam

jam
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 February 2002 - 00:40

I think it is possible to change the command line parameters you pass through setup.ini.  It's just a matter of where in the UI or Exec sequence you reset the parameter.  
My guess would be that the REINSTALLMODE and REINSTALL parameter should be reset in the execute sequence.  I am basing this guess on InstallShield KB article Q105178