This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

InstallFinalize

2 replies to this topic

Thomas Eskesen

Thomas Eskesen
  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 08:09

Hi

In my installation i need to e.g. patch & run some of the installed files at the end of the installation.
I'm doing this after the InstallFinalize - because it seems like i dont have the files before that!

Now some of our large hardcore Windows-Installer-user customers complains about this.... it confilct with there Install-systems.

Anyone have a solution to this?
Is there some way to "flush" the installation, so that I have the complete installation in place before the InstallFinalize?

I'm using the InstallShield Windows Installer 2.03.

Regards,
Thomas Eskesen

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 02:01

during the install, all of the actions write to a script. Nothing is actually written to the system until InstallFinalize has been executed.

If you need to patch files after this, then there is not much you can do about it.

Also, anything that happens after InstallFinalize will not be rolled back if the install fails.

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 13:43

Try a deferred CA, which is executed after the complete installation, but before InstallFinalize is finished.
Note that access to the installer database is limited. For instance, you need a solution to figure out INSTALLDIR.