This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to configure shared files (in wise)

5 replies to this topic

ofir_be

ofir_be
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 13:05

Hi all,
I'm using wise installer and I have the following secnario:
I have two installations (which can "live" together) which are using the same infrastructure dll's and both placing all their files on the folder. What I need is that when I uninstall one of them (but the other installation is still installed) I want that the uninstalltion will only remove the files that are not infrastructure, and when I uninstall both of them, the infrastructure dll's will be uninstalled as well.
is there a simple way of doing/configuring it (mainly with wise, but other methods would be great as well).
huh.gif
Thank you,
Ofir

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 17:44

Windows Installer will do this automatically for you - if you follow the rules. This means you must use the same ComponentId GUID for identical components in both setups. The easiest way to ensure this is a place those files in a merge module that you can add to both of the setups.

ganesh

ganesh
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 06:46

Dear Stefan,

I am facing the same problem of Ofir.I tried your solution but i am getting the same problem.i think i am doing some mistake,so please can u explain me brief.

Thanks
Ganesh

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 19:31

Generate a log to find out why the component gets removed. Are you using merge modules, or how do you make sure they ComponentIds are the same in both setups?

Vijay_k

Vijay_k
  • Full Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 15:02

I feel, by setting up the GUID's same for those components in both the package should solve your problem.

But if you are still facing the problem, then I hope you can set the attribute "Always increment shared .DLL count" for the same components in both the packages. It should solve your problem.

-- Vijay

ganesh

ganesh
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 07:52

Dear Stefan Krüger and Vijay

Problem is Solved and also I am getting a lots of information from this site.

Thank you very much.

-Ganesh.