This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Prerequisites issue

1 reply to this topic

jhonutz

jhonutz
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 09:46

Hello,

I want to include Jet 4 as prerequisite for my setup and install it based on the OS languge of the target machine. The setup has two languages: German and English and the user can choose the install language interface between English and German.

IS 11 has only one version of Jet 4 Sp8 - English version. I have the German version and I can add it to prerequisites using the prerequisites editor from IS IDE. But my issue is how to install Jet4 ENG on ENG OS and Jet4 DEU on DEU OS. The setup editor doesn't help me much. Isn't?

If I only include Jet4 ENG the Jet4 cannot be installed on German OS (e.g. Win 2003 German).

Can someone suggest me a solution for this issue? Only C.A. is the solution?

Regards,
Ionut

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 21:21

Prerequisites are installed by setup.exe, before your msi setup launches. So you can't control this from your setup. Instead you have to put a condition in the prerequisite you create to make it run only on the appropriate OS.