This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Error configurationdetails

1 reply to this topic

mbdigital

mbdigital
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2002 - 14:02

======== Problem solved , no more replies needed ========

Hi there, I've got a problem with the windows installer.
I had installed DVDeo but it wasn't in the right directory.
Tried to uninstal it but this didn't work. So removed all the thing to do with dvdeo in the registry and on the harddisk.

Normally you can install it after doing this again.

The problem that I have right now is, when (after I did the thing in the beginning of this message) I put the DVDeo cd in the player, the installer starts up but gives the following error :

"the configurationdetails of this product are damaged. Please contact helpdesk of the product-company"

Problem is : is this a problem in windows installer ?
I think it is because all the files from DVDeo are on CD and the CD is not damaged !

Please help me solving this problem, because I bought this DVDeo software for big money, but for now I only know that I can't use it.)

Thanks for your help

:p

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 05 April 2002 - 16:22

I guess this is because you deleted the files manually instead of cleanly uninstalling the software (which has probably left behind registry entries etc.) Since the original problem has been caused be the product installer/uninstaller, I suggest you do as advised and contact the manufacturer. They will also have the required information to fix the problem.