This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MM services fail w/ user & password from main inst

1 reply to this topic

ariffel

ariffel
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 19:33

I've created a Merge Module that installs and starts two services in addition to installing supporting files. I merge it to a main installer that also creates and starts another service. I want to set all three services to use the same Domain\User and Password. I populate DOMAINUSER and PASSWORD properties in the main installer by querying the user for the information. I also created the same properties in the Merge Module and set the services to use them when they are created.

I'm getting the following error at installation when I attempt to use something other than "LocalSystem" for the Domain\User with no passwords: Error 1923. Service <name here> could not be installed. Verify you have sufficient privileges to install system services.

If I remove the Merge Module from the main installer, I can install the service for the main installer using the values provided by the end user at installation. As I stated previously, If I use the default "LocalSystem" for the DOMAINUSER with no password, I can use the Merge Module and all three services are installed and started.

I've set the main installer to require Administrator privileges.

If I use LocalSystem, I can later edit the services to use the desired Domain\User and Password and they all restart just fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ariffel

ariffel
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 21:42

OK. I'm an idiot. I didn't realize the service was set to interact with the desktop. I thought I'd disabled that option. With that option set you HAVE to use "LocalSystem" as the account to login as, anything else fails. I disabled that and it works like a charm!