This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

how to stop VC redistributable (prerequisite) installation

4 replies to this topic

gmpk82

gmpk82
  • Full Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 02:50

hi all,
         my application is bundled with VC2012 redistributables and delivered to customer, due to some issues/constraints my application should not install prerequisites(VC2012 redistributables ) as a first step of installation. is there any way to stop prerequisite installation, something like "passing any argument in silent install command".

all your suggestions are greatly appreciable.
Phanik.  

perumal

perumal
  • Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 09:30

Did you select the VC2012 redistribute in Redistributable option..If you have select u can remove from that...Then how it will install...

gmpk82

gmpk82
  • Full Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 07:06

hi Perumal,

thanks for responding to my query, what you said is correct and I know it, but my issue is different, our application is already delivered to customer.Now I can not create new package in the form of HotFix by removing the VC redist prerequisites. In future releases I can remove vc redist perquisites.

In current release when customer installs my application, by default it pops up a window by saying that VC2012 needs to be installed, My question is that, is there any way to skip vc redist prerequisite install part. At least if there is any silent install argument I can tell to my customer that use silent install for application installation without VC. I am looking for this kind of solution to skip VC redistri prerequisites installation.

hope I explained you in better way, sorry for confusing question in my first attempt.

all your help is greatly appreciable.

Phanik

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 17:49

Prerequisites are installed by setup.exe. So if you skip setup.exe and launch the .msi directly, there won't be any prerequisites.

gmpk82

gmpk82
  • Full Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:21

Yes you are right Stefan, thanks for the reply. I used "myAppSetup.exe /a" to extract the contents and then installed my application without prerequisites(VC preresuisites).