This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to change the INSTALLDIR per feature

1 reply to this topic

fady.development@gmail.com

fady.development@gmail.com
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 18:44

I'm using InstallShield 2011, to create an installer for our product. However I ran into an issue with setting up the proper INSTALLDIR per feature, here is what I'm trying to do.

I have the INSTALLDIR currently set to "ProgramFiles\MyCompany\ProductName" then each feature goes under it's own feature folder, so under the Setup Design I have the Destination set as follows:

Feature A: [INSTALLDIR]\Feature_A_Folder --> meaning "ProgramFiles\MyCompany\ProductName\Feature_A_Folder"

Feature B: [INSTALLDIR]\Feature_B_Folder --> meaning: ProgramFiles\MyCompany\ProductName\Feature_B_Folder"

HOWEVER, we need to remove the ProductName from the path, so What I want to change is that: when the user chooses to install Feature A, I want to set the [INSTALLDIR] to be set to "ProgramFiles\MyCompany\Feature_A_Folder"

And when they choose to install Feature B, I want the [INSTALLDIR] to be set to "ProgramFiles\MyCompany\ProductName\Feature_B_Folder".

With this, I can always maintain setting the Destination path for all the files to [INSTALLDIR] without having to worry about where that is.

Could you please help? Thank you in advance for your help

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:22

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the destination folder isn't set in the Suite project, but in each package?