This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Set install level for a feature

1 reply to this topic

Amarjeet

Amarjeet
  • Full Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:35

I have got two features "FeatureA" and "FeatureB" to be installed.

If featureA is selected for install FeatureB should be deselected for installation. And same for FeatureB. So feature selection is mutually exclusive.

I would like to do this after SetupType dialog box. I can do it by saying "Remove" event but it still shows the feature de selected with red X mark.

i want to hide the feature as well. The only way is to set feature install level to zero. But i am unable to find any event which can set the install level for a feature to zero.

Any idea how i can set install level for a feature through events / script...any means programmatically.

Thanks in advance.

Amarjeet

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 17:42

I don't think this is possible, and I don't understand why you would want to do this. I mean: if user selects Feature A you want to hide Feature B, so if they go back to the feature selection dialog they'll see only Feature A and are unable to change their selection?

Do you have other features, or do you need to "run from source" or "install on first use" options? If not, you don't need to show the feature tree dialog at all. Instead use a custom dialog with radio buttons and make the selection with AddLocal and Remove control events.