This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Accessing File Group files from a Script?

3 replies to this topic

deaveCummings

deaveCummings
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 17:37

Hi All,

c@@l site !!

okay, here is my beef:

I have to write an installshield app which installs a layered service provider.

This is no trouble for me - I have a nice win32 app which installs & removes LSP's. however :

I want to keep this app in the 'CAB' file so that when it comes to remove my application, I can copy this win32 app back out of the CAB, and execute it to remove the LSP.

So my question is, : is there some sort of equivalent to SRCDIR which I can use from the setup.rul which will actually copy stuff not out of the Disk but instead out of the CAB? (I'm using IS. professional 6.12)

Of course, I could always install the LSP installer as part of the std installation, and hope that it is still in the TARGETDIR when time comes to remove the application, but sods law suggests that by this time, someone will have deleted this helper App.

So How do I get this helper app 'out' of the CAB during both installation and removal of the product?

Thanks for any help - please feel free to email me as well on ISDEVELOPER(at)HOTMAIL.COM

D

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 17:43

You could put it under support files, and access it from SUPPORTDIR. These files get automatically extracted from the cab to the temp folder during setup initialization (including maintenance mode/uninstall)

deaveCummings

deaveCummings
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 18:01

Thanks Stefan,

I take it I need a filegroup called 'Support Files' ? 'supportfiles' ? then (I've deleted all the default filegroups that get set up by installshield - Doh.
)

D

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 18:13

No. You go to the Setup Files tab and insert your ile under Language Independent -> Operating System Independent.
You can then run it using LaunchAppAndWait, using SUPPORTDIR ^ "your.exe" as path.