This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Files don't get updated/replaced

3 replies to this topic

beginner123

beginner123
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 01:05

Hi,
I have a setup that executes the same code in the OnFirstUIBefore and OnMaintUIBefore. This is done so the install acts the same whether the user is installing it for the first time or has already installed it before.

I'm having the following issue with this install. When the user runs it for the first time then all the files get properly installed. If the user runs this install again then none of the files get copied to the target system. I have my settings configured to always overwrite the files, but that doesn't help either.

I'm very-very frastrated.
Please help!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 18:52

I guess the files are makred as being already installed. And since you didn't tell it to re-install all files, it doesn't...

beginner123

beginner123
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 20:07

Hi,
I'm not sure I understand how to do it. Is there something else I need to set to have the files re-install? I've never had to do anything special in other installation projects I've been working with.

Can you give me more information about it?

Thank you.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 21:58

I was thinking of FeatureReinstall()