This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Adding shortcut causes ICE57 and ICE64 errors

3 replies to this topic

Zeek

Zeek
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2001 - 23:30

When I add a shortcut I get the following errors from msival2:

ICE43ERRORComponent Component_1 has non-advertised shortcuts. It should use a registry key under HKCU as its KeyPath, not a file.
ICE57ERRORComponent 'Component_1' has both per-user and per-machine data with a per-machine KeyPath.
ICE64ERRORThe directory COMP1_STARTMENU is in the user profile but is not listed in the RemoveFile table.

This install adds nothing to the registry (and can't).
ALLUSERS=1
I only want 1 shortcut installed into the ALLUSERS profile.  I don't want to use advertisement.

To me it seems that adding a row to the directory table having ProgramMenuFolder as the Directory_Parent is causing the problem.  For some reason MSI thinks that this folder is a User folder, when it should be a Machine folder.

The install works properly, but I'd like to get rid of these errors.  Any ideas?

jsp

jsp
  • Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 April 2001 - 10:51

Have you declared your file as a key file?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 06 April 2001 - 16:46

Make the shortcut "advertised". This doesn't mean you have to use advertisement (you can disallow advertise in the feature properties).