This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

change location from where compiler picks setup.inx file

6 replies to this topic

Sukrit

Sukrit
  • Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 07:35

Hi,

I need to change the default path from where the installshield Compiler picks up the setup.inx file . I want to do so because of the following reason:

I don't want space in the name of the 'Script Files'  Folder, so I renamed it as ScriptFiles. After renaming the folder and inserting the script files manually in the the install script files, when I build the project , It make another folder by the name 'Script files' and places setup.inx file in it. So I changed ISCompileOption_OutputPath to path_of_scriptFiles in Installshield table in Direct editor. Now the compiler is placing the setup.inx file as required in ScriptFiles and donot make any folder named 'Script Files'. 

But now the problem is that It is not able to find to setup.inx file while compiling. So I need to Change the path from where IS picks up that file..

Any Help will be of great use,

Thanks,
Sukrit

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 14:59

You could try using the compile.exe command line options.

Sukrit

Sukrit
  • Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 08:27

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually, I intended to ask something else.

I want to know how can I provide a Custom path to build command for the SETUP.INX (not setup.rul) file, so that build READS the setup.inx file from some location other than default. I have already changed the destination location, where Compiler outputs setup.inx File.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 13:19

I'm not sure there's such an option. If there's nothing in the docs, you probably have to use the standard.

Sukrit

Sukrit
  • Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 13:43

Thanks again, for the reply. Actually what I want to achieve is remove space between name of 'setup files' folder. Could you please give any input on this. Any info will be helpful.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:36

I guess you mean "script files" and I don't think you can change that. Why would you?

Sukrit

Sukrit
  • Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:47

Thanks for the correction.

I meant 'Script Files' Only.

Need to remove this space as our CM Process has a limitation that it cannot have a space in folder name. 

Currently we are facing build issues in CM build process because of this space.

Is there any alternate.

Thanks,

Sukrit