This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Defaulting to NONE on radio buttons

1 reply to this topic

labboypro

labboypro
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 November 2001 - 01:22

For a radio group with a pair of buttons, I want the default selection to be NONE, thus requiring the user to make an active selection.  In addition, I'd like to dim the Next button until a selection is made.

I'm Mr. Novice here, so any info you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

K

Kurt Schneider

Kurt Schneider
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 20 December 2001 - 21:38

Hi,

Try doing the following

In the Property Manager you should find a Property that corresponds to the Property of the RadioButtonGroup.  Make sure that in the Property Manager you do not set a value for this property.  

For example:

If you go into the Property Manager and delete the value for the AgreeToLicense property after you build you will notice that the LicenseAgreement dialog no longer has a defalut radio button selected.

For the Next button you will to do the following:

Go to the behavior screen for the dialog that contains the next button.  Click on the Next button in the Control Name column, then click on the Conditions tab do as follows

Action                            Condition
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disable                         RadioButtonGroupProperty = ""
Enable                          RadioButtonGroupProperty <> ""

Of course you will need to swap the actual name of the Property assosciated with your RadioButtonGroup.

Check out the default LicenseAgreement dialog for ideas, it uses the same basic logic.

Good Luck

Kurt