This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Merge Module and Custom Action

1 reply to this topic

buckelfliege

buckelfliege
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 May 2002 - 10:58

Hello,

I'm using standard projects in ISD 7.03. I've 2 Setups for 2 programs ( Program A and Program B ). Both programs use the same merge module M. M needs to register a COM+ Application during first installation of A or B. M also needs to unregister this COM+ App during uninstallation, but only if M itself is going to be removed from machine. I tried to use custom actions for this purpose, but I don't know how to detect uninstallation of mergemodule itself.

Any hints ?

Thx in advance
Achim

hteichert

hteichert
  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 13 May 2002 - 11:11

There is no way to detect the uninstallation of a merge module, because it's totally merged into the full installation (the *.msi).
BUT:
You can detect the uninstallation of the components you created in the merge module. Have a look at the page about "Conditional Statement Syntax" in the Windows installer documentation to get info how to detect the Feature and Component State Values.
h.teichert-ott