This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Uninstall non default registry key

5 replies to this topic

Gorsoun

Gorsoun
  • Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 17:48

Hi.
In a few components I've added a registry key which taken from the property value.
This property has a default value, and I can change it during installation via dialog.
If I've changed this property via dialog and after installation I see that registry key was created according to a new value.
But in the log file of uninstall I see that InstallShield try to delete the default registry key and respectively does not delete registry key which was changed during installation.

So, the changed registry key is not saved in the data base as the destination directory in the property INSTALLDIR.

Edited by Gorsoun, 28 March 2007 - 15:09.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 15:57

That's right: properties are not stored in general. You could use AppSearch with RegLocator to read the existing value and put it in your property.

Gorsoun

Gorsoun
  • Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 18:22

Hi Stefan.
It seems I don't understand you.
I played with AppSearch with RegLocator tables and I moved the AppSearch and LaunchConditions actions, but I have not managed to solve this problem.
Can you explain and develop your idea, please.

Thank You.
Robert.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 01:26

Did you successfully write the data to registry (check with regedit)?
Did you prperly set up your app search (check the log for result codes and property values)?

Gorsoun

Gorsoun
  • Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 18:04

Hi Stefan.
I can write the data into the new registry key (I see it in the regedit) and I can see the changed property with value (registry key) that was edited via dialog (or by perameter of command line) in the installation log file.
But during uninstallation it try to remove the old registry key (which was default before the editing via dialog or command line). In the log file of uninstallation I see the old (default) value of this property.
I think the problem is realtime changing of the property value in the tables after the editing its via dialog or command line.
The mechanism should be like changing of destination folder.
I would not like to save the changed registry key in the external file (by using export for example).
Thanks,
Robert.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 17:52

The mechanism should be like changing of destination folder.
I would not like to save the changed registry key in the external file (by using export for example).

That's not possible. You will have to save the user customized value somewhere, in a file or in a registry entry, where oyu can pick it up later.