This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

minor upgrade

6 replies to this topic

qtdt

qtdt
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 14:11

Hi all,

i'm new to InstallShield X.
Anybody can tell me how to create a minor upgrade for an existing "InstallScript Project" Setup?

thanks
qtdt

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 19:20

Run the Release Wizard. On the "Update" pane select Full or Differential as desired.

qtdt

qtdt
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 11:21

Hello Stefan,

Thanks for your response. But i still do not know how to create a minor upgrade, because i can not find the "Update" pane on the Release Wizard !

Remember i'm using InstallShield X (and it's up to date). Current Project is an "InstallScript Project" and was converted from the older IntallShield Developer 7.0 project.

hope you can help me...

best regards
qtdt

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 17:12

was converted from the older IntallShield Developer 7.0 project

In this case it's not an InstallScript project but either "InstallScript MSI" or "Basic MSI". In both cases, go to Media > Upgrades and add a Minor Update.

qtdt

qtdt
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 09:17

Hello Stefan,

whats the difference between the pure "InstallScript" and the "InstallScript MSI" Project?

Which training course should i prefer? "Learning MSI Projects" or "Learning InstallScript Projects".

qtdt

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 09:31

Pure Installscript does not use Windows Installer. Installscript MSI is a terrible mix of previous Installshield type event handler code and windows installer. Essentially the user interface is script based, and windows installer is only used to install the actual files. Don't use this project type, it is buggy!
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 20:19

When you open the project you will see the project type in the title bar of the IDE (next to your project name).
If it's (pure) InstallScript: go to the InstallScript course.
If it's Basic MSI: go to the MSI course
If it's InstallScript MSI: there's no course for this project type, and as Glytzhkof already said: avoid InstallScript MSI