This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

No maintenance mode with setup.exe?

2 replies to this topic

Johannes John

Johannes John
  • Full Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 16:20

Hello!

with setups, which had been created with IS X, I could create a minor update which could be started after the update again with the setup.exe and went into the maintenance mode.

But now with IS 12 the updates are running, but the next start with setup.exe shows a messagebox with the "free translated" text:

An other version of this product is allready installed and I should use the systemoption to configuer or delete the product, including productcode.

I'm doing something wrong?
Is there a workaround?
Is the proposed way the only way since IS 12?

Thanks in advance!
Johannes

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 11:16

Please checj the following setting in InstallationD esigner view:
Releases > Upgrades > Upgrade Windows Installer Setup > Small/Minor Upgrade Settings. It sounds like you have "Disable" there when you actually want "Prompt".

Note that a small/minor update (ProductCode unchanged) ususally does NOT enter maintenance mode. It would only do this if you didn't change the PackageCode, but changing the PackageCode with each build is a requirement 8and IS 12 does this automatically for you). So your previous behaviour may actually be a bug in your setup.

Johannes John

Johannes John
  • Full Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 14:23

Hello Stefan,

thanks for your reply.

The Minor Upgrade Setting is set to "Don't prompt the user, just ..."
That's o.k.

Thanks!
Johannes