This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Update installer question

3 replies to this topic

PDRN

PDRN
  • Full Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 November 2001 - 18:51

Hi,  quick question... if I have an install the has 4 components  A B C and D. and a User selects to install all 4 of these. Then i come out with a new version of the installthat has only 3 components A B and C and to do the update i programatically select component A B and C (D doesnt exist in the new install) then i call
   SetStatusWindow(0, "Updating. . .");
   Enable(STATUSEX);
   StatusUpdate(ON, 100);

Will the result be that A B and C are installed and D is removed ?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 28 November 2001 - 19:42

You should not remove D from the project. Instead remove its files from the project, and make D invisible. Programmatically deselect D. That should uninstall it.
There's some information about your appraoch here in the Bugs Bulletin.

PDRN

PDRN
  • Full Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 November 2001 - 19:54

ok,  when you say "remove its files from the project" do you mean still keep the filegroups and the components around but just dont include any files when i build the install, or do I only keep the components and I can delete the filegroups ?  How bout the onuninstall functions, should I leave those in there ?

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 28 November 2001 - 20:29

I believe Stefan is saying that you should go with your first option.  Keep the D component and its associated filegroups intact, but make the filegroups empty so that they don't have any files.