This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Create a shortcut to the desktop /w Admin

3 replies to this topic

wwoodruff

wwoodruff
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 19:52

Question: it there a way to set the option Run As Administrator durning the creation of the shortcut in installshield Basic Msi Version 12.

Reason: dont want the user to have to right click and run as administrator. I know that in the shortcut Properties/Compatibility window you can select RUN THIS PROGRAM AS AN ADMINISTRATOR. I want that option to be selected by default when the install creates the shortcut and puts it on the desktop.

I have included an image of the Properties i was refering to.

Thank you for any help you can provide.
Walter

Attached Images

• VistaShortcutOptions1.jpg

Edited by wwoodruff, 03 May 2007 - 19:53.

antyagi

antyagi
  • Full Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 06:40

According to InstallShield there is no option within InstallShield (I have a mail saying this).

But If any one know a way I would like to know that.

ankur tyagi

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 13:28

As far as I know there's no column or flag in the Shortcut table for this purpose, so Windows Installer can't do it. You would have to use a custom action.

wwoodruff

wwoodruff
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 20:39

I thought this would be the answers but i thought i would ask in case i missed something so thank both of you for the information.

I have not created custom actions as of yet so i will do some research on how to create one to do this.

Thank you again
Walter